No Clue About Stack Frame Crashes

Earlier I hypothesized that incorrect line number information might be the cause of the stack frame crashes. I just spend about half an hour comparing the line number information in instrumented and non-instrumented class files to see if I updated the line number information incorrectly.

Unfortunately, I haven’t found anything. In all the classes I’ve looked at, the old and new line numbers point to the same opcode, modulo insertions, of course. I’m happy that I apparently did a good job when I wrote the code, but I’d much rather be disappointed by myself and now know how to fix the problem than to have no clue at all now.

Back to square one regarding this issue. Of course, it could also be some special case that I have not considered yet. Fortunately, I can continue working on other things.


About Mathias

Software development engineer. Principal developer of DrJava. Recent Ph.D. graduate from the Department of Computer Science at Rice University.
This entry was posted in Concurrent Unit Testing. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply