One Hundred

Writing today worked out just wonderfully. I got up, showered, brushed my theeth and… basically started writing and haven’t done anything since. Unfortunately, I think I’ve neglected my nutrition and lovely girlfriend in the process. Yesterday, on Saturday, it was a bit harder to get started, so I wrote until late at night.

But in general, I wrote a lot during the last three days. I changed the order of a few sections, filled in many blanks, and today broke the 100-page barrier (including front matter and bibliography; without the title pages, tables of contents, and bibliography, I’m at 84 pages).

I never would have thought that I’ve got so much to write! 84 pages of content, more than 100 pages overall, and I haven’t even finished the “meatiest” parts of the thesis; I still have to describe predicate annotations, general ideas of bytecode rewriting, schedule recording, the deadlock monitor, and random sleeps and yields.

Maybe I am being too verbose. I’ll check that later. It’s always easier to take things out.

I made a sticky post with updates about my thesis writing progress.


About Mathias

Software development engineer. Principal developer of DrJava. Recent Ph.D. graduate from the Department of Computer Science at Rice University.
This entry was posted in Concurrent Unit Testing, MS Thesis. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply