I just released a new beta version of DrJava: drjava-beta-20090505-r4932. And auto-update worked like a charm for me…
Available for download at http://drjava.org.
DrJava is a lightweight programming environment for Java designed to foster test-driven software development. It includes an intelligent program editor, an interactions pane for evaluating program text, a source level debugger, and a unit testing tool.
In addition to bug fixes, this beta release includes a number of new features introduced after the last stable release:
These features include default imports for the Interactions Pane, inner classes as main class for projects, Javadocs and auto-completion for JUnit, Javadocs and auto-completion for user-defined libraries (“Additional Javadoc URLs”).
An applet viewer is included, and classes that extend Applet can be run using the “Run Document as Applet” menu item (under “Tools”) or using the “applet MyClass” command in the Interactions Pane.
The debugger has been improved and now includes an automatic trace feature to step through the code at a user-determined interval, array element watches in the debugger, and the ability to debug language level files without seeing the Java code that they get translated to. The debugger also retains the imports that have been made before the last step was taken or a breakpoint was hit.
Notable is the ability to close the System.in stream in the Interactions Pane and an automatic update feature that downloads new versions of DrJava automatically.
The most important bug fixes include changes to the language level converter, compatibility with network paths, a debugger deadlock, and color preferences.
Note: Java 1.4 compatibility has been dropped with this release. To use DrJava, you will need Java 5 or newer.
- The System.in stream can be closed by pressing Ctrl-D when in the input box.
- Imported classes and packages can persist over breakpoints and debugger steps. To enable or disable this, change the setting in the Debugger tab of the Preferences..
- Default imports for the Interactions Pane.
- Inner classes as main class for projects.
- Javadocs and auto-completion for JUnit (3.8.2)..
- Javadocs and auto-completion for user-defined libraries (“Additional Javadoc URLs”).
- Automatic tracing in the debugger..
- Array element watches in the debugger..
- Automatic update feature (“Help/Check for New Version”).
- Applet viewer.
- Multiple key bindings per action.
- Improved Jar creation dialog.
- Find All/Replace All can be limited to a selected section of code
- When the “java MyClass” command is used to start a program in the Interactions Pane, the command is not translated to “new MyClass().main(…)” anymore, but retained as “java MyClass”..
- If DrJava is unable to restart itself, e.g. if the heap size is too large for the machine, DrJava asks the user if it should reset the configuration and try again..
- Javadoc 6 is now linked correctly in the “Open Javadoc” feature..
- Several bug fixes related to unit testing and the debugger..
- “Open Java API Javadoc for Word Under Cursor…” has been fixed..
- Better behavior for next/previous word and selection of word by double-clicking in Definitions Pane..
- Fixed syntax highlighting and interpretation of long literals and hexadecimal literals.
- Fixed problems with modal dialog boxes when the user switches to another application..
- Fixed a memory leak..
- Several language level fixes..
- Filtered ASCII text when pasting..
- Fixed network paths in projects..
- Colors can now be configured again..
- Documents that have been closed are not re-opened again if they contained failing unit tests..
- Removed a deadlock when debugging unit tests..
- Debugging language level files does not open the generated Java code anymore; line numbers in language level files are correct..
- Closing a file does not remove all breakpoints and bookmarks anymore..
- Fixed “No Test Cases” in Find/Replace panel.
- Empty files are not considered “out of sync” anymore
during JUnit testing
Pingback: New DrJava stable version: drjava-stable-20130901-r5756 | A Concurrent Affair